Friday, November 16, 2012

Where to Find Fashion Inspiration


 As a teen I felt alone in finding clothing to fit my body but now with so many amazing blogs, stores, and magazines for plus size women there is inspiration everywhere.

I love to search blogs and online stores for ideas of what is really popular right now. Sometimes seeing an interesting outfit or an aspiration look gets me excited and looking in my closet for a way to recreate the looks, or just out of a rut of wearing the same thing everyday. 
My go to inspiration is also makeup and jewelry. Looking at your own collection or seeing what someone else has worn can begin to shape a whole new look for yourself. I have recently rediscovered my love for my makeup. I found a great blog Beauty Broadcast and You Tube channel by Emily, she has gotten back into drugstore makeup and has good advice about which brand and products are good. As a college student I have a very limited budget so I have been able to buy a few more things then I probably would have at a place like Sephora. Going on sites like Bauble Bar are fun to see trends in jewelry (plus they have great prices).
I also have found Pinterest a great source of inspiration not just for clothing, trends and styling things but also for decorating, recipes, and the holidays. Pinterest is so much fun. Now instead of having to save pages or make lists in word it can all go on different boards on Pinterest. I think it is so much fun to see what friends have pinned but also look things up by category. LOVE it , what did we do before Pinterest?
Looking through magazines is still one of my favorite things to do. All types of magazines give me inspiration, beauty and fashion are my favorites though. Home magazines are my next favorite, Country Living makes me so happy.
So where do you find your fashion inspiration? I would love to hear where you always check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment