Sunday, October 21, 2012

e.l.f. Eye Palette Review

I have recently discovered e.l.f. (eyes lips face) cosmetics. I bought the Little Black Beauty Book Python Edition in warm from Target for $6.00 (according to Targets website you can still pick out the palette in store but not online) this palette is not available on eyeslipsface.com but they do have other sets that seem very similar.


I wasn't sure what to expect since I had never purchased anything from this line but I was drawn to the colors since they are mostly neutrals with a few pops of color. I couldn't bring myself to spend around $50 for other neutral eye pallets on the market so this e.l.f. $6 price tag is perfect. If you already have a lot of makeup you don’t need to feel guilty adding more to your collection, if you are just starting out with makeup the colors are a great base collection and will provide a lot of opportunity to play.

While some of the colors aren't the most pigmented and there is a little fallout when applying I am really impressed with this pallet and e.l.f. There is a great amount of dark colors for the outer V of the eye and the crease. The bright colors such as coral, peach, and turquoise show up really well and are so fun to play with. If you are like me I don’t want a large pot of eye color because I like to play so much so the small size of the eye shadows are really great also you don’t need to feel bad if you don’t like the color or it is not that pigmented. There are also a lot of similar colors which I don't mind since they do show up different enough and can add more depth to an eye look. 

A few tips to make this pallet really work for you: use an eye shadow primer first, tap excess product off of your brush before applying it, and gently tap the shadow especially really dark colors.

Since getting this pallet I have been trying to find out what else is good by this brand. If you have any suggestions of other great e.l.f. items I should try please let me know. 
Picture courtesy of Target.com, This is the Little Black Beauty Book Python Edition: Warm $6

No comments:

Post a Comment